Thank you for making your appointment with Eye Surgery Associates, we would like your experience with us to be as efficient and professional as possible. In order to help us provide best level of care and service, we ask if you could please bring the following to your appointment:
- A current and valid referral. Your current glasses.
- A list of all information about your medical history, any significant health problems or previous operations.
- A list of all current medications, including eye drops, injections or tablets.
- A list of all allergies to all medications.
- Details of relevant family history.
- Completed new patient registration form: Patient Registration Form
*Please allow 90 – 120 minutes for your appointment. Extra time may be required if further diagnostic tests or minor procedures are performed on the day.
*We recommend you have a driver/ carer with you as your vision may be blurred from dilating eye drops.
APPOINTMENT FEES: Full payment is required on the day of consultation. All fees are applied at the discretion of the treating Ophthalmologist.
- Initial Consultation: $222
- Initial Consultation (Pensioner): $185
- Initial Consultation (Complex/ Second Opinion): $289
- Initial Consultation (Child): $258
- Review Consultation: $107
- Review Consultation (Pensioner): $89
- Fee for Posted Prescriptions: $5
Diagnostic Tests and Minor Procedures: These may be required by your ophthalmologist on the day and offer immediate treatment and management of your condition. Additional fees are charged for these tests and procedures. Some of these fees are not claimable from Medicare. We will endeavour to inform you of these fees on the day. Please ask our staff if you would like more information on these costs at the time they are being performed.
Surgery Quotes: We will provide a full estimation of costs and details for all surgery bookings.
Failure to Attend/ Cancellation within 24 hours of Appointment Fee: Standard consultation fees apply for cancellations and changes within 24 hours of scheduled appointments and for failing to attend your appointment.
PRIVACY STATEMENT:We endeavour to provide you with optimal medical care. This requires us to collect your personal and health information. At times this information may be required to be shared across an extended medical team. Your information will also be used for administrative and billing purposes and may be shared with other agencies, such as Medicare and private health funds, as required. Your health information may be used for such secondary purposes as research, trials and audits. No information that personally identifies you will be disclosed for these purposes. For more information please click on the below link: