The services offered by Eye Surgery Associates include:
- Modern small-incision cataract surgery. A cataract is an opacity or cloudiness of the eye’s natural lens.
- Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery. Using the latest Femto-second laser to fashion the incisions on the eye prior to removing the cataract and implanting an Intra-Ocular Lens (IOL).
- The full range of refractive surgery options – including Excimer laser procedures (PRK, PARK, LASEK and LASIK), Implantable Contact Lenses (ICLs), Astigmatic Keratotomy, and Refractive Lensectomy.
- All corneal surgery including corneal transplantation. The cornea is the clear window at the front of the eye that covers the coloured iris and the pupil.
- Medical, laser and surgical treatment of glaucoma. Glaucoma is the name given to a group of conditions in which the pressure of fluid in the eyeball is abnormally high.
- Treatment for all aspects of inflammatory eye disease (Behcets, Iritis, Uveitis, Scleritis, ocular infections and other diseases).
- Eyelid, Tear Duct and Reconstructive Surgery. Our specialists in this field of ophthalmic surgery are able to talk to you about issues such as watery eye, removal of the eye, drooping eyelids and a range of cosmetic issues that you may have with your eyes and the surrounding area of your face.
- Medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the retina and vitreous including surgery and laser for Macular Degeneration and Diabetic eye disease.
- Visual electrodiagnostic testing. These tests measure how well your retina and optic nerve work and allow diagnosis of some disorders of the retina and brain.
- There are a number of drugs and treatment applications that you may be wondering about. Click on the link below to to take you to information on key explanations of these.
For more specific information about each of the above services, please view this link: http://www.eyesurgery.com.au/service/conditions-of-the-eye/
Please note that we endeavour to include information to help with general questions you may have about your condition or treatment but every patient is considered by us to be unique and therefore the information on the website serves as a guide only. We ask that you read our disclaimer in this regard.