Coronavirus COVID-19 Alert
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
As we find ourselves in uncertain times with the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to reassure our patients that at ESA we are taking the health & wellbeing of our patients, staff and doctors very seriously.
All ESA consulting suites are following the strict recommendations provided by the Department of Health and we are continuing to maintain high standards of cleanliness and disinfection. We are also constantly updating our protocols as new information comes to hand.
We have taken steps to reduce the risk of infection through the following:
If you are attending our sites, you will be asked:
- Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Do you have fever, flu-like or respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, sputum, shortness of breath), fatigue, myalgia (muscle pain), headache? This question still applies even if you have a negative test result for COVID-19. We can’t risk other patients, doctors or staff becoming sick.
- Do you have symptoms of conjunctivitis?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, your appointment will be rescheduled and our team will assess the urgency of your condition and you may be referred to your GP or an assessment centre at a hospital with an ophthalmology department able to deal with COVID-19 patients.
In addition to the above screening:
- Our team is repeating their hand hygiene training as well as completing the Department of Health Infection Control COVID-19 online training module for healthcare workers.
- We have placed hand sanitiser at entry points/reception or in waiting areas for patients to use.
- We are limiting the number of patients attending our sites.
- We having removed or blocked off waiting room chairs to ensure social distancing.
- We have removed all reading material from our waiting rooms.
- We are cleaning/sanitising all rooms, desks, chairs, equipment etc on a regular basis.
- We are limiting non-essential persons entering our clinics.
- Management updates procedures regarding Covid-19 whenever new guidelines are introduced.
We are asking all patients to adhere to the following:
- If you are unwell, isolated or experiencing symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, coughing or sore throat at the time of your appointment please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Everyone who enters our consulting suite uses the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and again on departure.
- Please do not lean on or stand over the reception counter and avoid touching the surface where possible. We ask that you pay by card when able.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your face with your elbow and immediately use the hand sanitiser provided.
- We would prefer that non-patients did not attend the clinic at all, and we would appreciate that accompanying persons are limited to one carer and only attend if absolutely necessary.
- We recommend that children do not attend the clinic.
We will constantly update our protocols as new information becomes available to ensure we continue to safely provide you with the highest possible standard of care.
As we consolidate our appointment times, ESA will have temporary site closures. Check Contact Us for site closure information. At other times, we are OPEN and available for urgent consultations.
Thank you for your continued support and please take care of yourself and your family.
Andrea Linden, CEO
3 April 2020