Please note that you may be required to wear a face mask during examination or treatment at our premises.
The specialists operating from our suites and the staff of Eye Surgery Associates (ESA) continue to maintain COVIDSafe settings, and would like to reassure patients that we continue to take the health & well being of everyone attending our premises very seriously.
All ESA consulting suites follow the recommendations provided by the Department of Health and we continue to maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control.
We have taken a number of steps to reduce the risk of infection, including:
If you are attending our sites, you will be asked: Do you have a cough, cold, conjunctivitis or a fever?
If you answer yes, your appointment will be rescheduled, our team will assess the urgency of your condition and you may be referred to your GP or an assessment centre at a hospital with an ophthalmology department able to deal with COVID-19 patients.
In addition to the above screening:
- Those involved in delivering care at our sites regularly complete hand hygiene training as well as the Department of Health Infection Control COVID-19 online training module for healthcare workers.
- We have placed hand sanitiser at entry points/reception or in waiting areas for patients to use.
- We have removed reading material from our waiting rooms.
- We are cleaning/sanitising all rooms, desks, chairs, equipment etc. on a regular basis.
- We are limiting the entry of non-essential persons to our premises.
- Our management team updates procedures regarding COVID-19 whenever new guidelines are introduced.
We are asking all patients attending the practices that operate from our premises to adhere to the following:
- If you are self-isolating or have a loss or change in sense of smell or taste, fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, cold/flu symptoms, and/or running nose prior to your appointment please call us to reschedule your appointment. You need to be symptom free and well to attend an appointment, regardless of a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Everyone who enters our consulting suite uses the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and again on departure.
- Please do not lean on or stand over the reception counter and avoid touching the surface where possible. We ask that you pay by card when able.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your face with your elbow and immediately use the hand sanitiser provided.
- We would prefer that non-patients did not attend the clinic at all, and we would appreciate that accompanying persons are limited to one carer and only attend if absolutely necessary.
- In order to maintain social distancing within our suites, accompanying persons may be asked to wait elsewhere.
- We recommend that children do not attend our consulting suites.
- Visitors/support person restrictions may apply at our rooms at Cabrini Hospital Malvern. Learn more here: Visitor Restrictions.
- Patients may be required to put on a face mask while they are being examined and/or treated.
We regularly update our protocols as new information becomes available to ensure that the specialists operating from our premises continue to safely provide you with the highest possible standard of care.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Dr Nicholas Voudouris
Chief Executive Officer
22 March 2023.