COVID-19: Important Information Regarding Eye Surgery Associates' Response
Face Masks are Compulsory & Patients only at Appointments
Please be aware that surgical or N95 face masks are compulsory and only patients can attend appointments.
As we continue to provide services under COVIDSafe settings, we would like to reassure our patients that at ESA we continue to take the health & wellbeing of our patients, staff and doctors very seriously.
All ESA consulting suites are following the strict recommendations provided by the Department of Health and we are continuing to maintain high standards of cleanliness and disinfection.
We have taken steps to reduce the risk of infection through the following:
If you are attending our sites, you will be asked:
- Do you have a cough, cold, conjunctivitis or a fever?
- Are you required to quarantine or isolate?
- Have you been vaccinated?
If you answer yes to questions 1 & 2, your appointment will be rescheduled and our team will assess the urgency of your condition and you may be referred to your GP or an assessment centre at a hospital with an ophthalmology department able to deal with COVID-19 patients. If you are not fully vaccinated or have a mask exemption please contact us to discuss.
In addition to the above screening:
- Our team has repeated their hand hygiene training as well as completing the Department of Health Infection Control COVID-19 online training module for healthcare workers.
- We have placed hand sanitiser at entry points/reception or in waiting areas for patients to use.
- We are limiting the number of patients attending our sites.
- We have removed waiting room chairs to ensure social distancing.
- We have removed all reading material from our waiting rooms.
- We are cleaning/sanitising all rooms, desks, chairs, equipment etc on a regular basis.
- We are limiting non-essential persons entering our clinics.
- Management updates procedures regarding Covid-19 whenever new guidelines are introduced.
We are asking all patients to adhere to the following:
- If you are self-isolating or have a loss or change in sense of smell or taste, fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, cold/flu symptoms, and/or running nose prior to your appointment please call us to reschedule your appointment. You need to be symptom free and well to attend an appointment.
- Everyone who enters our consulting suite uses the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and again on departure.
- Please do not lean on or stand over the reception counter and avoid touching the surface where possible. We ask that you pay by card when able.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your face with your elbow and immediately use the hand sanitiser provided.
- We would prefer that non-patients did not attend the clinic at all, and we would appreciate that accompanying persons are limited to one carer and only attend if absolutely necessary.
- In order to maintain social distancing within our suites, accompanying persons may be asked to wait elsewhere.
- We recommend that children do not attend our consulting suites.
- Visitors/support person restrictions apply at Cabrini Hospital Malvern. Learn more here: Visitor Restrictions.
- All patients and necessary support people will be required to wear a surgical or N95 face mask on attendance at our sites.
We will constantly update our protocols as new information becomes available to ensure we continue to safely provide you with the highest possible standard of care.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Andrea Linden, CEO
3 March 2022