Dr Nathan Wong
MBBS (Hons), B.Med.Sc, FRANZCO, certLRS
Dr Nathan Wong is a Specialist Ophthalmologist and Associate with Eye Surgery Associates who specialises in corneal and refractive surgery, cataract surgery and surgery of the anterior part of the eye. He obtained his medical degree through the University of Melbourne with first class honours and completed RANZCO ophthalmology training through the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital (RVEEH) before being named Chief Ophthalmology Registrar in his final year.
Dr Wong went on to obtain further subspecialty training in Anterior Segment Surgery and has completed consecutive Corneal & External Diseases fellowships, starting abroad through NHS England at the Bristol Eye Hospital before returning to the RVEEH fellowship programme.
He is passionate about guiding patients through a caring and individualised process to improve vision, and continues his work in the public sector through the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS), RVEEH, and the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- East Melbourne
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Memberships with ASCRS, ESCRS, ISCRS, keraNet, and the ANZ Corneal Society
- Chief Ophthalmology Registrar, the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital (RVEEH)
- VMO Ophthalmologist: RVEEH, Melbourne Health, Cabrini Health, VAHS
- RANZCO Member of the Board of Ophthalmic Pathology Examiners
- RANZCO Victorian State Branch General Committee member
- RVEEH Drugs and Therapeutics Committee member
- RVEEH Antimicrobial Stewardship Network ophthalmology representative
- Wu, Duoduo & Daniel, Benjamin & Lai Jun Xian, Andre & Wong, Nathan & Lim, Dawn & Murrell, Dédée & Lim, Blanche & Mehta, Jodhbir & Lim, Chris. (2022). A proposed management algorithm for dupilumab‐associated ocular side effects: a collaborative effort between dermatologists and ophthalmologists. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 10.1111/jdv.18397.
- Chung, In & Tavassoli, Shokufeh & Wong, Nathan & Cleary, Georgia. (2022). Vitamin A deficiency presenting with fungal keratitis and bilateral corneal perforations. BMJ Case Reports. 15. e247853. 10.1136/bcr-2021-247853.
- Wu, Duoduo & Daniel, Benjamin & Lai Jun Xian, Andre & Wong, Nathan & Lim, Dawn & Murrell, Dédée & Lim, Blanche & Mehta, Jodhbir & Lim, Chris. (2022). Dupilumab-associated ocular manifestations: A review of clinical presentations and management. Survey of Ophthalmology. 10.1016/j.survophthal.2022.02.002.
- Wu, Duoduo & Lim, Dawn & Lim, Blanche & Wong, Nathan & Hafezi, Farhad & Manotosh, Ray & Lim, Chris. (2021). Corneal Cross-Linking: The Evolution of Treatment for Corneal Diseases. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 12. 686630. 10.3389/fphar.2021.686630.
- Tavassoli, Shokufeh & Wong, Nathan & Chan, Elsie. (2021). Ocular manifestations of rosacea: A clinical review. Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 49. 10.1111/ceo.13900.
- Kirk, Jonathan & Gunn, David & Wong, Nathan & Minchin, Emily & Darcy, Kieren. (2019). Bristle Worm-Induced Keratouveitis: A Case Report. Cornea. 39. 1. 10.1097/ICO.0000000000002225.
- Thia, Brandon & Wong, Nathan & Sheth, Shivanand. (2019). Video recording in ophthalmic surgery. Survey of Ophthalmology. 64. 10.1016/j.survophthal.2019.01.005.
- Pearce, Fiona & Ravi, Thomas & Wong, Nathan & Walland, Mark. (2018). Long-term progression after laser peripheral iridotomy in Caucasian primary angle closure suspects: Letter to the Editor. Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 46. 10.1111/ceo.13185.
- Sheth, Twishaa & Thia, Brandon & Wong, Nathan. (2018). The state of ophthalmic education in medical schools: a UK perspective. MedEdPublish. 7. 10.15694/mep.2018.0000114.1.
- Varma, Shivesh & Wong, Nathan & Khong, Jwu. (2017). Invasive Neisseria gonorrhoeae producing pre-septal cellulitis and keratoconjunctivitis: diagnosis and management. The Medical Journal of Australia. 207. 269. 10.5694/mja17.00223.
- Lim, Chris & Wong, Nathan & Ng, Ching & Meusemann, Robin & Daniell, Mark & Symons, Rc. (2017). Toxic anterior segment syndrome in a tertiary Australian healthcare institution. Clinical & experimental ophthalmology. 45. 10.1111/ceo.12951.
- Pearce, Fiona & Wong, Nathan & Chan, Elsie. (2016). Incidence of chloramphenicol use and the effect on corneal scrape results in bacterial keratitis. Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 44. 10.1111/ceo.12826.
- Wong, Nathan & Wang, Stacie & Lamoureux, Ecosse & Wong, T-Y & Tikellis, G & Harper, A & Wang, J. (2009). Blood pressure control and awareness among patients with diabetes and hypertension attending a tertiary ophthalmic clinic. Diabetic medicine : a journal of the British Diabetic Association. 26. 34-9. 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2008.02614.x.
- Wang, Stacie & Tikellis, Gabriella & Wong, Nathan & Wong, T-Y & Wang, Jie. (2008). Lack of knowledge of glycosylated hemoglobin in patients with diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes research and clinical practice. 81. e15-7. 10.1016/j.diabres.2008.03.011.
- Tikellis, Gabriella & Wang, Stacie & Wong, Nathan & Wang, Jie & Harper, C & Wong, T-Y. (2008). Poor metabolic and blood pressure control in patients with diabetic retinopathy attending a tertiary ophthalmic hospital in Australia. Diabetes research and clinical practice. 80. 208-12. 10.1016/j.diabres.2007.11.017.