Dr Weng Ng
MBBS(Hons), MPH, FRANZCO
Dr Weng Ng is a Specialist Ophthalmologist and Associate at Eye Surgery Associates specialising in cataract and glaucoma surgery. Dr Ng is also a glaucoma consultant at The Alfred Hospital, and previously at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital. He also manages most Ophthalmological conditions. Dr Weng graduated as a doctor in 1999 from the University of Melbourne with an honours degree. During his undergraduate training, he won the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists’ prize for Ophthalmology, Keith Levi Memorial Scholarship for Medicine and RD Wright prize for Physiology. He completed a Master of Public Health degree from James Cook University prior to commencing his ophthalmology training.
Dr Ng performed general ophthalmology training at Sydney Eye Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital, which was followed by a fellowship year in glaucoma and anterior segment at Royal Perth Hospital. Dr Ng speaks basic Malay and Indonesian, as well as fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.
Dr Weng Ng believes in and practices patient focused ophthalmic assessment and management. He understands that each patient is unique and he actively involves patients in making treatment decisions. Maintaining and improving ocular health adapted to the general health and lifestyle of patients often involve a partnership approach.
Note: Dr Weng Ng is relocating to the Gold Coast in late January 2019. He will not be taking appointments at ESA after this time.
- East Melbourne
- Vermont South
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- The Alfred Hospital - Glaucoma Consultant 2010 - Current
- Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital 2010 to 2012
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists’ Prize for Ophthalmology
- Keith Levi Memorial Scholarship for Medicine
- RD Wright prize for Physiology in Medical School
- Ng WT, Morgan W. Mechanisms and treatment of primary angle closure: a review. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2012 May-Jun;40(4): e218-28
- Ng WT, Goggin M. Vitamin usage patterns. Ophthalmology 2009; 116: 819-20
- Ng WT, S Lee, McRae A, Francis IC, Wakefield D. Genital ulceration in a febrile patient with poor vision – a presentation of presumed Behcet’s disease. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2008; 48: 445-6
- Ng WT, Goggin M. Awareness and compliance of age-related macular degeneration patients in taking recommended dietary supplements. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 2006; 34: 9-14
- Ng WT, Versace P. Ocular association of HIV infection in the era of HAART and the global perspective. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 2005; 33: 317-29
- Ng WT, Chehade M. Taser penetrating ocular injury. Am J Ophthalmol 2005; 139: 713-5
- Ng WT, Toohey MG, Mulhall L, Mackey DA. Pigmentary retinopathy, macular oedema, and abnormal ERG with mitotane treatment. Br J Ophthalmol 2003;87:500-1