Dr Weng Ng is a specialist in cataract and glaucoma surgery. He performs cataract surgery with a focus on the patient’s ocular health and lifestyle, including the use of multifocal intraocular lens in suitable patients to reduce dependency on glasses. He has expertise in MIGS (Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery) procedures, including i-stents, Hydrus, Preserflo and XEN gel stents, either in combination with cataract surgery or as stand alone procedures.
Known as Dr Weng among his patients, he was previously a visiting consultant at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and the Alfred Hospital. Dr Weng Ng graduated as a doctor in 1999 from the University of Melbourne with an honours degree. During his undergraduate training, he won the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists’ prize for Ophthalmology, Keith Levi Memorial Scholarship for Medicine and RD Wright prize for Physiology. He completed a Master of Public Health degree from James Cook University prior to commencing his ophthalmology training.
Dr Weng Ng performed general ophthalmology training at Sydney Eye Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital, which was followed by a fellowship year in glaucoma and anterior segment at Royal Perth Hospital. He speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.
Dr Weng Ng believes in and practices patient focused ophthalmic assessment and management. He understands that each patient is unique and he actively involves patients in making treatment decisions. Maintaining and improving ocular health adapted to the general health and lifestyle of patients often involve a partnership approach.
- The Alfred Hospital - Glaucoma Consultant 2010 - 2018
- Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital 2010 to 2012
- Ng WT, Morgan W. Mechanisms and treatment of primary angle closure: a review. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2012 May-Jun;40(4): e218-28
- Ng WT, S Lee, McRae A, Francis IC, Wakefield D. Genital ulceration in a febrile patient with poor vision – a presentation of presumed Behcet’s disease. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2008; 48: 445-6
- Ng WT, Goggin M. Awareness and compliance of age-related macular degeneration patients in taking recommended dietary supplements. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 2006; 34: 9-14
- Ng WT, Versace P. Ocular association of HIV infection in the era of HAART and the global perspective. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 2005; 33: 317-29